- 1. Aichmophobia: an intense or morbid fear of sharp or pointed objects
- 2. Algophobia: an intense or morbid fear of pain
- 3. Belonephobia: an abnormal fear of sharp pointed objects, especially needles
- 4. Enetophobia: a fear of pins
- 5. Trypanophobia: a fear of injections
- 6. Vaccinophobia: a fear of vaccines and vaccinations
I have personally seen examples of people who fear needles while in the military, out of a group of over 100 men; six went down, succumbing to trypanophobia. The way medical professional should handle type 2 patients is presented here. This article also covers other fears about insulin that many people with type 2 diabetes have and explains these.
For those people that need some encouragement about using syringes, view the following video from BD on using insulin syringes.