- Onset refers to when the insulin starts to work. I was taught Begins or Activates.
- Peak refers to when the insulin works hardest. I was taught Effective Period and Period of Maximum Effectiveness.
- Duration refers to how long the insulin works. I was taught Length of Usefulness.
- Official sources list nothing about when insulin ends and I was taught End.
- Rapid-acting - I learned fast-acting insulin.
- Short-acting - This was never explained to me and I lumped it with fast-acting,
- Intermediate-acting - I learned this as 12-hour insulin.
- Long-acting - I learned this as 24-hour insulin.
- Pre-mixed - All I learned was mixed