2. Many doctors have had unfavorable encounters with CDEs and won't use them.
3. Many CDEs will not work with some doctors and contradict much of what the doctor has ordered creating additional problems.
4. Most CDEs do not want to work with people with type 2 diabetes that are managing their diabetes well.
5. Many CDEs are also registered dietitians (RDs) and often will not work with the new nutrition guidelines, especially the low-carb/high-fat food plans.
6. Many RDs do not accept the exclusion of whole grains, again leaving many people with diabetes out of the education. This is because the RDs often will not do any education for those of us excluding wheat.
7. Many doctors also promote low fat and whole grains because they still in believe Keyes and will not accept that he has been disproven.