July 15, 2010

What would or should one do?

This question came up recently about a product that has been written about by another blogger. Don't get me wrong, the blogger did an excellent piece about this product and has great interest in it.  I have been in email contact with the company and I like the idea and the high potential usefulness of the product, but doubt I will ever need it, but who knows.

The product is about 30 months, give or take a few months, from FDA approval. So here is the question.  Do I write about it or wait until it comes on the market?  I am looking for responses whether they are positive or negative.

On the one side, this is a much needed product and will definitely have its place in the market, once it gets past the Federal Drug Administration and their crazy bureaucracy. The negative is that will not happen within 12 or 18 months, but more like 30 months.

This will be an important product for anyone with diabetes that is on insulin.  And yes, I am on insulin.  Have I been in a situation where I would have needed the product? Truthfully, no.  Do I see myself ever needing this product?  Again, no.  Have I ever come close to needing this product?  Here, I need to answer yes.  I admit that the situation could arise, but as careful as I am, the lessons I have learned, and my body has always told me what needs to be done before things get out of hand.  Fortunate, yes, I am.

There are several sides to writing about a product in the development stage that I am trying to resolve in my mind. Before giving any more information, I would like your thoughts, please.

No comments: